History of Motel
In 1952, on the former South Grade School grounds, located on highway 8, 32, and 55 construction of a new 4 unit motel was being built by Dan and Hazel Skrupky. The first motel in Forest County. The new business was called Lakeland Motel.Completed in August, the first four units each with two double beds. Built with beautiful vertical grained western cedar walls, with oak floors and trim of curly birdseye maple. One night lodging was $6.00 a couple.
The new motel was such a success that the very next year six more units and an office area were built. The units consisted of 4 single units and two double rooms. The floor of very fine grade of birch and oak flooring, with trim of birdeye maple, oak and ash. The bathrooms are individual colored equipment with ceramic tile showers floor and base walls.
Though the passing years the motel has had numerous owners. In May of 2001, Greg and Jayne Weber bought the motel and changed the name to “THE MAIN STREET INN.”
The Main Street Inn has kept its fine character of the original rooms but adding many fine features such as individual control heat, air conditioning in each room. Greg and Jayne are very proud of their extremely well-kept and maintained rooms. Each room is different and newly redecorated. All new beds, T.V.’s, chairs and accessories has been added for the comfort of each guest.